Monday, November 26, 2012

The 10%


We had a rough night last night. Irelee has been sleeping in her crib lately. Boo-YA!~ But, the last few nights she wakes up crying so I pull her into bed with me. Last night that didn't help at all. She just kept crying on and off all night. Doug has been sleeping on the couch lately because his neck and has been acting up, so it was just the two of us. We have a king size bed, but when Boo sleeps with me I get about 6 to 12 inches on one side and she tries pushing me out all night long. Well last night she was all over the place and even fell off Doug's side. Poor thing! 

So today I decided I best take her back to the doctor to check her little ears, because I swear that girl has an ear infection more than not.



The doctors office was so Christmasy. It was darling. And they had a big moose there and a reindeer. So she got to learn about animals other than the typical barnyard bunch. She loved them, and said "Moo" and "Dee." I could just eat her up she's so cute. Anyway her doctor told me she's part of the 10%. And then explained that tubes work in about 90% of kids. Once they get them they don't have trouble with their ears again. Ie: London. Anyway, she said the other 10% of kids just keep on having the same problems. She said her tubes looked wonderful, but all around the tube was angry red and infected. Poor kid. She has had more ear infections than anyone I know! So she's back on an antibiotic and hopefully tonight we'll all get a little more sleep. Here's hoping! 


4 comments:

With Crazy Love Jeff and Jamie said...

We had that problem with Bode! He had tubes twice before he was nine months!!! So when he was about 14 months I HAD had enough! We saw a specialist and had his adnoids taken out! BEST DECISION EVER!!!!! They put in a third set of tubes at the same time! Haven't had an ear infectin since and he is six! Goode luck!

Brein said...

Really Jamie, adnoids?! I didn't ever think of that! Thank you for the suggestion! I will have the doctor look into that for us! PS- Didn't know you had a blog, I'll be adding you to my list!

Ritsumei said...

Oi! Ear infections stink. My older son had tubes, and they reduced, but didn't eliminate the problem. They gave us ear drops, which hurt the poor little sausage. When we discovered Tea Tree (AKA Melaluca) essential oil it was a huge turning point for us. You put a little bit on the outside of the ear a couple times a day. We basically haven't had to do antibiotics since we discovered it. Good luck!

Brein said...

Ritsumei,

I haven't tried that, but I will now! Thank you for the advice!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...